I do love learning all these new helpful flicks and tricks to help make life more simple, convenient, and efficient with the use of technology...but to be quite honest, I think we've all finally had enough! Perhaps I should just speak for myself.
Yes, today I've had enough. The nerves were flying throughout the classroom as we all tried to work together to finish these heavy assignments up ASAP! The functionality of creating an enormous Puget Sound Unit via Google Sites has yet to be proven to me. Yes, the ability to easily share the information with other cohort members or other teachers alike is a wonderful idea, but the reality has been hours of jumping through technology hoops along the way. I can't remember how this is making my life any more efficient when I watch the minutes go by as I try to organize the Site, and I'm not progressing with the actual unit plan in anyway. We've all spent hours on both Google Sites and Google Docs, becoming frustrated with the random glitches that continually create hurdles for us to jump over as we try to finish this assignment.
Right now, there is hardly a break from the technology in our lives because every assignment left involves using it in some way or another. My mind is full of weebly, blogger, google, wiki, schmicky..Hey! I'm starting to feel icky! I'm taking a break...for twenty minuets while I read our articles on Electronic Reserves..Gah! More TECH! Honestly, I'd like to say "Good Riddens" to this lap top by dropping it off a cliff...or at least just not have to see it again for a week or two....
Here here Cabiler!! The good thing is once the school year is over you won't have to looka t tech for a while...escpecially when you write up your resume, send it via email to all the districts, or just upload your pdf file to their servers online. Then when we all interview and you get to use their smart boards. Don't forget using the GPS unit when you are trying to find the new schools!! All of this without technology....wait...what? Oops, the other way around.
ReplyDeleteThe "bottom line" is you and I noth know tech isn't goin anywhere. We might as well get used to...and we WILL get used to it. You will see next quarter when we sit down to create our next assignment on Google docs you will remember some of the things that brought the trouble and avoid them. You will get a little better at it wach time until it becomes second hat. Then you get to feel what it is like when the electricity goes out for a couple days and your life is truly lost in the "cloud" world.
But as Elbow would say, we all strive to be an H, but sometime we end up being a U. But for now I'll share with you this 20 minute break, grab my cup of orange juice and yell to the cloudy sky above, "Tech Scmeck Glen Beck heck what is that on my neck? Trek to my deck, it'll take but a sec,to see what a wreck that bird did peck...it was Scmhmeck.....(pepper).
Cheerio
Thanks for your condolence! You are right. I'm learning lots and it is all valuable and useful for a lifetime to come. In a moment of darkness I just needed to reach out and have a laugh.
ReplyDelete